St. Philip’s was founded in 1953 through the vision and leadership of Marian Krutulis to provide early childhood education as a Preschool and Kindergarten.
As the Preschool program developed and matured, School parents dreamed of adding a full elementary division.
In 1979, with the support of the Church Vestry and the guidance of the Principal, Mary Ellen Payne, the school expanded by adding one grade per year through the Sixth Grade. The first graduation was celebrated in the spring of 1984.
The school broadened its national standing and relationships by joining and actively participating in The National Association of Independent Schools and the National Association of Episcopal Schools. In 1993, the Board of Trustees adopted a financial reserve plan, commenced an Annual Fund and with the Church established the St. Philip’s Foundation to create an endowment for financial aid, faculty support, professional development, and other school needs.
As both the Parish and School programs grew, so did the need for additional space. Two capital efforts to expand and modernize the facilities took place in 2000 and later in 2008.
In a continued commitment to the safety of the children, families, faculty, and staff of St. Philip’s, the campus security was updated to include perimeter gates with monitored access to campus during school hours and beyond.
For more than 75 years for our Church and 65 years for our school, we have been here to learn, grow, teach, serve and deepen our faith. We look forward with joy to the years to come and to all who join this special community.