Below are the current employment offerings available at St. Philip’s Episcopal.
Early Childhood Classroom Assistant
St. Philip’s Episcopal School – Employment Opportunities
Title: Early Childhood Classroom Assistant
Reports to: Director of Early Childhood
Contract Status: Seasonal – Hourly
Start Date: 2020 – 2021 School Year
St. Philip’s seeks a responsible and energetic Early Childhood Classroom Assistant to join our team. The Early Childhood Classroom Assistant will work closely with classroom teachers to help support classroom learning and school culture. St. Philip’s is looking for educators who are comfortable in a collaborative work environment where they will assist the lead teacher to create a cohesive and authentic learning place for all students.
Our ideal candidate is industrious, cheerful, collaborative, and knowledgeable about educational best practices and child development.
General Responsibilities – The responsibilities of the Early Childhood Classroom Assistant
include but are not limited to the following:
- In collaboration with the lead teachers, participate in all classroom activities
- Supervise students, including recess, lunchtime, arrival, and dismissal
- Provide social-emotional and learning support for students
- Maintain classroom spaces and prepare materials for lessons
- Assist with individual, small, and large groups of children in many subjects
- Accompany students and attend specialist classes, as needed
- Provide coverage for lead teachers, as needed
- Participate in all team, grade-level, and faculty meetings
Requirements and Qualifications
- Have a deep respect for children
- Associate’s degree in education or related field preferred
- At least one year of relevant experience in an educational or childcare setting
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong collaboration skills; able to work well with a team
- Strong computer skills, to include online learning platforms such as Google Hangouts Meet and Seesaw
All applicants must apply by submitting a cover letter, resume and contact information to our Business Office by clicking the envelope below.
*Saint Philip’s Episcopal School’s hiring policies do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, national or ethnic origin.
Applicants of all races and creeds are welcomed.