Below are the current employment offerings available at St. Philip’s Episcopal.
Position: Office Assistant
St. Philip’s Episcopal Church and School is seeking a proactive Office Assistant. The Office Assistant role would be working directly with the Chief Financial Officer and Chief of Staff. They will assist with the financial and HR operation of the church, school, and related entities, and performing tasks related to accounting, finance, and human resources all in carrying out the vision and mission of St. Philip’s Episcopal Church & School.
- Accounting for business office activities involving accounts payable, collections (pledges/student billing/annual fund), cash, purchasing,
- Supports payroll/employee benefits administration/new hire and contractors onboarding
- Correctly record church pledges, enrollment agreements, program revenue, financial aid and payments received by check or ACH; monitors aged accounts receivables
- Allocates cash receipts and reconciles account balances, accruals, and receivables.
- Records all contributions, including pledges, annual fund, and capital campaign(s) activity, as well as reconciles the general ledger with Development in Raiser’s Edge
- Assists with bank reconciliations, and reconciling in-transit items
- Prepares monthly accrual entries for accounts receivables, deferred revenue and the corresponding recognition of revenue posts all approved journal entries
- Scans documentation to online digital software
- Supports and makes arrangements for school, SHA and fundraising events
- Coordinates the Church and School audit with the independent auditors and supervises the preparation of work papers for the annual audit, including reporting to Diocese and NAIS
- Back up/Coverage for Front Office Administrative Assistant and Business Office Assistant
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, not required.
- Accounting background
- Knowledge and experience of Human Resources
- Proficient knowledge of software programs, including Microsoft Word and Excel
- Accounting/database software experience – ACS and/or Blackbaud knowledge/experience ideal
- Capability to prioritize special projects and regular work
- Ability to automate and streamline processes
- Analytical skills a plus
- Strong organizational and communication skills, both verbal and written
- Team player and the ability to represent the institution well to a variety of constituencies (parents, parishioners, and community)
- Capacity to work with other staff members, Rector, and Head of School, including Vestry and School Board members
- Ability to work independently and follow directions
- 5 days per week from 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 pm
- Full background check and fingerprinting is required for employment
All applicants must apply by submitting a cover letter, resume and contact information to our Business Office by clicking the envelope below.
*Saint Philip’s Episcopal School’s hiring policies do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, national or ethnic origin.
Applicants of all races and creeds are welcomed.