Since its beginning in 1953, St. Philip’s has been committed to the education of the whole person: body, mind, and spirit. St. Philip’s provides an excellent educational experience, guided by outstanding professionals, in a safe, caring community. As a faith-based school, St. Philip’s provides a strong academic program grounded in the broad and inclusive values, traditions, and tenets of the Episcopal Church. The Christian ethos is fully integrated into the School’s practices and daily life through biweekly chapel services, Sacred Studies, and community service and outreach programs. Embedded in the culture of the School are clearly defined standards of loving and responsible behavior. These standards are reinforced in themes explored in Chapel and Sacred Studies, and throughout the curriculum.
St. Philip’s Episcopal School is the educational outreach arm of St. Philip’s Episcopal Church, and the ministries of the School and Parish are united in spirit and purpose. Our core values are grounded in our faith and encourage our students to be inquisitive, take risks, and learn to lead by example. St. Philip’s program stresses intellectual and physical development, social involvement and accountability, and moral and spiritual understanding in a God-centered community where the dignity and worth of every member is nurtured. Our core values guide us as we:
- Seek to develop and to challenge its students in a loving and supportive environment
- Center around the formation of the whole child, and work to awaken in the child a sense of self as a significant, creative and responsible individual
- Provide a rigorous academic program which produces young scholars who excel in reading, mathematics, and foreign languages
- Offer each student the individual, personalized attention necessary to meet his or her unique needs through a low student/teacher ratio
- Develop confidence and poise in young public speakers, artists, and musicians through the School’s wide variety of co-curricular opportunities